Powered by Blogger.

DO YOU WANT MONEY DAILY


EASY TO EARN DAILY 25$ TO 35$.FOR MORE DETAILS
CALL +919487747807

RSS FEED

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Thursday 16 February 2012

Has Samsung really killed off production of the 32GB Galaxy Nexus?

"> Tweet

galaxy-nexus-top

One of the biggest complaints surrounding the GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the lack of expandable storage. For those who prefer life in the cloud, it’s not a big deal. For others, it’s a deal breaker; 16GB simply isn’t enough. The Verizon Galaxy Nexus comes with 32GB of internal storage, or twice the amount of the GSM Nexus. Since the 16GB GSM Nexus’ initial release, there’s been a considerale amount of consumers waiting around for a 32GB version. If a recent statement from an Expansys representative is correct, that day will never come.

Corey from Expansys has taken to XDA to announce that Samsung has cancelled any plans to release a 32GB GSM Galaxy Nexus. According to the post on XDA, Expansys was notified yesterday morning that “Samsung have dropped the Galaxy Nexus 32GB from production.” He added that, “at this time it looks like they will not be releasing it.” Earlier today, Negri Electronics confirmed that they have received the same message as well.

We’ve yet to see an official statement from Samsung, and don’t really expect to, but it seems this can only mean one thing for potential GSM Nexus owners. If you want your device to run on AT&T or T-Mobile, and you want to purchase it anytime soon, you’re going to have to live with 16GB storage. What does this mean for potential CDMA/LTE Nexus owners? It could spell bad news.

The white LTE version of the Galaxy Nexus, rumored to hit Verizon sooner than later, is supposed to come with only 16GB of internal storage. There’s another rumor floating around that Verizon will also release a gray Nexus (the original color) that also has 16GB of storage, but it will sell for $199 on contract – $100 less than the 32GB Nexus. Sprint’s Nexus was supposed to launch with 32GB of storage like the Verizon, but now we’re not sure.

Does the release of a 16GB white, and 16GB gray Nexus on Verizon mean Samsung is killing off the 32GB Nexus altogether? Are 32GB Nexuses simply being reserved for carrier branded devices only? As of right now, we’re left with more questions than answers. As soon as we know more, we’ll be sure to share.

Via: Android Community

Source: XDA

Dustin Earley: Tech enthusiast; avid gamer; all around jolly guy. Tagged#internal storage#Samsung Galaxy Nexus#Sprint#Verizon .nrelate .nr_sponsored{ left:0px !important; }.nrelate .nr_sponsored{ left:0px !important; } 57 Comments Join the discussion!Sort by DateRating 79GeauxLSU 16 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +26

This is why all phones should have removable/expandable memory slots!!!

Reply 87jimtravis 16 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +5

Totally agree, don’t like the trend toward devices with no SD expansion, or difficult / PIA to get to expansion slot.

Reply 19ben steel 16 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +17

Could it be the Carriers are leaning that direction…..pushing users to the cloud and in turn greater revenue from data consumption…? Isn’t that what you’d do if you were running a wireless company and your greatest concern was showing growth, profit, and revenue ….that’s the only thing investors are looking for…right…?
(stock holders interest almost always out weights customer interest)

Reply 83Jorge Eslava 11 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

I was halfway through the article when I realized this more than probable truth.

Reply 68honourbound68 1 hour ago Thumb upThumb down 0

not entirely convinced that we’re being “directed” to the cloud. a majority of devices made or are being produced still have expansion slots. The exception to this seem to be Sammy (on the Android side). I think this is more “upbranding” and head-to-head competition with Apple than anything else. When you think about it, GN is the competitor to the iPhone. Pure Android (instead of Carrier skinned ui’s) vs iOS. No exp card vs no exp card. SAmoled vs Retina. etc etc. You can almost make the same case for Galaxy Tabs. Sammy’s marketing strategy confirms this. It’s not about Sammy targeting to be the best Android maker, it’s about Sammy wanting to knock Apple of its perch. Good job, Sammy for taking the fight to Apple.

55Jorge Branco 11 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +1

Unfortunately i don’t think the trend is going anywhere soon. I remember an interview with mattias duarte where he was dead against expandable memory because it forced people into the old Windows style file system. Or something haha

Reply BillyBobGuest 16 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +7

I did not know the Nexus lacked memory slots. That tidbit has cured me of my Nexus envy!

Reply 80delinear 3 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +1

It’s the only real flaw with the Galaxy Nexus. Apparently Nexus devices have never had expandable storage, I don’t know why, one of the big advantages of Android over the fruit-themed phone is expandable storage, it just feels odd that Google wouldn’t want this in their showcase device.

Reply 96spazby 14 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Agreed, let the users decide how much they need…

Reply MarthaGuest 2 hours ago Thumb upThumb down -2

Thats why i have a superior iPhone 4S from world leader Apple inc.
Its always available!

Reply 68honourbound68 1 hour ago Thumb upThumb down 0

NOT! Since when did iPhone have expandable storage?? Know your phone!!

Reply 52booyootoo 16 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +5

I already have one with 16GB, but was really hoping to get a 32 GB version. But now were 2 months after I’ve gotten my Nexus. I really don’t care any more.

Right now I would wait with buying any phone till some new generation processors are released in the phone.

I think they made a big mistake by not releasing a 32 GB version. Cause 16GB sometimes just isn’t enough.

Reply 33cwjones4 16 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Why kill it off completely? Give us options at different price points so we can choose what model we want. I would personally rather have 32gb on a phone without any expandable storage, but who’s to say someone would rather get the phone for cheaper at 16 gb and use the cloud?

Reply 41dcds 15 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Maybe they will go with all the steam into the galaxy siii presses.

Kinda makes sense when the gnex is just a dual core. 2012 is for quads and better gpus. I wouldnt trade the gnex, but still…

Reply 80delinear 3 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

I guess the Nexus was never really meant to be a mass market phone, and as you say, there are bigger things from Samsung just around the corner, it would have been nice to have an SD slot on the 16GB version though.

Reply 61Gomez 2 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

That’s not true the Nexus 1 had a micro SD slot.

Reply 80uknowme 1 hour ago Thumb upThumb down -1

That’s why I’m patiently waiting until HTC gets another shot. I have never heard a complaint about the original.

94Bryan Stoner 16 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

I mean, what is another 4000 every month off the hot press gonna do? To shut the process completely is ridiculous!

Reply 58T1392 16 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

I have the LTE verison of the Galaxy Nexus, & really wanted the white version but I wouldn’t trade memory for color. Thats just crazy talk.

Reply 3mrwirez 16 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +1

I have a 32gig, and 16 would probably do it, however it just goes to show the manufacturers and carriers do what they want. I am sure Samsung would rather sell a Galaxy S III instead of a Galaxy Nexus.

Reply ixD9Guest 16 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +1

Wow, that really sucks. I’ve been holding out for a 32 GB GSM version. I have well over 16 GB of music and, though I do use Google Music and Amazon Cloud Player, I mark the stuff I listen to often for offline listening, so 16 GB isn’t nearly enough. Streaming music doesn’t make sense in this environment of carrier throttling, so I only do so occasionally. I’d rather use the bandwidth for web browsing and YouTube.

Reply 88Deeds 16 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Glad that I have an SD card slot, but seriously, why stop making what people want. That seems like a bad business strategy.

Reply 37Starship 16 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

I’ve had my Verizon Galaxy Nexus since December – of the 28gb partition, I have 24gb remaining.

I don’t know if I need all that space but it is nice to have the option.

Reply 68honourbound68 1 hour ago Thumb upThumb down 0

heck I’ve had my Vzw GN for a week and I only have 20 gb remaining without putting in any music or videos. 32 gb is the sweet spot for me although it might be for others.

Reply 44YNWA 15 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +1

I am glad I have the 32 GB version. If I only could have got a 16GB, that probably would have been a deal breaker.

Reply 84rashad360 15 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Why was it even made without SD storage? I don’t need Android compromising itself to be more like an iphone

Reply trob6969Guest 6 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

I agree, that’s just one of the reasons i chose the htc rezound.

Reply 96Nathan D. 15 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +1

Wow really and I was waiting for the 32 gb version to =(

Reply 6EmeryLee 15 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +3

Internal phone storage is better than sd card slots because if the phone is lost or stolen a remote wipe is more effective deleting the internal storage space whereas the sd card can be pulled immediately after the theft or upon initial finding. I haven’t had a chance to view all the protection software out there to see if any do a remote wipe of the sd card but from the ones I’ve seen so far they don’t. To decide to forego the increase in internal storage space just doesn’t make sense from a manufacturer’s point of view unless they are having difficulty moving those units. Now I’m not against having sd card slots on the phone because those can be quite useful especially for storing music files, running programs from to help loosen up space on the internal storage, or just for easy removal in order to share on other media devices, and I think this option should be the norm on smart phones.

If any of you know of any protection software that wipes the sd card, while installed into the phone, and indicates to the user that the card has or hasn’t been removed during a remote wipe session let me know. Or how about a sd card that has access measures on board if removed from a smart phone smartphone.

Reply 6EmeryLee 14 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Oh yea, I think someone mentioned this earlier, cloud storage and music streaming from the cloud while your on your carrier’s wireless network, and that’s not WiFi for those who don’t know, does eat up data usage as well as reduces bandwidth available to the rest of the users on the carrier’s wireless network. Even if you are on an unlimited data plan most carriers will throttle you data transmission speeds when you reach a certain point.

If the carriers were smart, they would let people roll over their monthly unused data allowance throughout their contract. For example, say you have an unlimited data plan but they throttle you down after reaching the 2GB point (2000MB), if you only use 800MB of data on the carrier’s wireless network in a given month you could bank the remaining 1200MB. That 1200MB usage can be banked for future usage during times where the user goes over that 2GB limit without being throttled down. Of course if they go beyond 3.2GB they will get throttled. I feel this would help the carriers preserve bandwidth as well as encourage users to be more cognizant of the amount of wireless data that they use. Also, the carriers could set a program in place that would set a varying value to that data usage, so at the end of that contract you can either roll that data over into your new contract, with that carrier of course, or take the value and apply it to the purchase of a new phone at anytime during the contract period.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Reply VinnydawgGuest 13 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Just thought i would let you know that Avast anti-theft will do this for you if you’re rooted, it will even write junk data to the sd card if you tell it to

Reply 27MrMrMan 15 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

This is terrible news. Not sure I should fork over hundreds of dollars for an unlocked version or if I should wait for a quad-core phones on T-Mobile. Man this screws everything up.

Reply 86Hall Lo 15 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +1

What why sammy…. why….

Reply 8RRR 15 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Well, it’s too late for Samsung, the time’s passed when you can charge $100 extra for 16GB more

Reply 61n25philly 15 hours ago Thumb upThumb down -2

So glad I went with a note instead of this BS

Reply 60Oskar Wismierski 14 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

I think if they were to release a 32 gb model they should have done it simultaneously with the 16gb and charge a bit more for it..

its nice to have a choice ;)

Reply 13Willy Morgan 13 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

About five years ago, I was one of the few people that didn’t have a cell-phone. I ended up purchasing one when my wife got pregnant. Ever since then, I’ve been converted from a cell-phone-phobe to a complete phone junkie. I’ve gone from having a free flip-phone to owning a Galaxy S which I’ve rooted and flashed Ice Cream Sandwhich on.

It’s gotten to the point where I miss being one of those people who didn’t want or really needed a cell-phone. Over the past three months, my next phone has changed approximately three times and will probably change three more. Phones have either gotten large to the point of obscenity (Galaxy Note) or thin to the point of being wafer-like (Galaxy SII Skyrocket). Carriers are throttling data (AT&T) and, in most cases, done away with unlimited data.

Now they’re limiting the amount of storage space on the phone, to “encourage” (really force) users to migrate to cloud storage. This is ridiculous. I’m 39 years old and I can remember when “the customer was always right” or “quality is job one” or “you get what you pay for” What ever happened to these concepts. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m really sick and tired of what’s going on with mobile phone companies and suppliers. Between constantly pushing out new phones, the horrible plans and the really poor customer service experience, I’m seriously considering getting rid of my phone. Something’s gotta give…

Reply 75Alexander drzfr3shboialex 12 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Hopefully Google hears us for the next Nexus. The cloud would be awesome if we had signal everywhere, and were not throttled or over-charged.

Reply 94kwills88 12 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +1

I think with the amount of data we use today due to us always being on our phones and downloading apps (mainly games) I think phone storage should be a minimum 32GB…I thought having only 16gb would be enough on my SGSII, but I quickly ran though that. It’s quite annoying having to delete unused apps all the time just to make space for new ones simply because you can’t push them to your SD card.

Reply 77greeny42 12 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +2

I could rant and rave about how disappointed I am and that it feels like they’re nickle and diming us and ignoring the consumer, but… there just isn’t enough space.

get it? get it? get it? so meta.

Reply 13h0ruza 11 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

There was a 32GB GSII but that disappeared along with the dodo and NFC.

Its seems they mention these options but leave it to carrier’s to make the call or something.

Whomever is making that call always seems to say ” Nah… don’t bother”

Reply 74Javier Bastardo 11 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

It should come with the memory slot, 16 GB would be more than useful for me, but what if I just want a little more for a little while? I’m stuck with either the 16 or just should get the Verizon 32GB one? That’s BS.

Reply 80delinear 3 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Agreed, for most of my needs 16GB is enough, but a memory slot would be really useful for loading up SD cards with things like movies – stick the card in the phone and watch them on the go, stick it in a tablet/laptop/desktop/TV/media centre to watch them at home.

Reply comandanteceeGuest 10 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

I’m actually glad now that I didn’t pay $6 bills + for the GNex..

Reply 1Syraz 9 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

hmm stream music
all documents on cloud
hmm yeah it could be 8gb and not effect me

Reply 4jspiby2 6 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Has any one tried opening it up and just swapping the 16g for 32g card not sure if its possible but think I’ve seen a video on YouTube someone doing it to a windows phone!

Reply 35masterpfa 4 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Maybe when the 4th Nexus appears and people are feeling more adventurous, but let me know jspiby2 when you have done yours

Reply 35masterpfa 4 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

To clarify my above statement, when the 4th generation Nexus is released and the GN would be someone’s “Old Phone”

Reply 4jspiby2 5 hours ago Thumb upThumb down +1

I think the cloud would really kick off big time if you could install apps in the cloud and you could just run it from there not using any or hardly any on your phone!
Probably not possible but I think its a good idea :-)

Reply 80delinear 2 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

The main issue with this right now is the lack of universal connectivity (a lot of places you just won’t be able to get online to use your apps), data limits and speed (outside of LTE areas). However, it’s Google’s long game – their ultimate hope would be that all the things we consider apps today are eventually web services, they have stated this position many times in the past and their support for HTML5 is a step in this direction.

Reply WillGuest 5 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Well, it looks like my 32gb version of the GN will have a better re-sale value when I decide to move on.

Reply Web DesignGuest 4 hours ago Thumb upThumb down -1

I like to say thanks for the information about the Android….

http://www.zylone.com/

Reply 38Shawn Clark 4 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

One or two options…Start putting your files “in the cloud” or get a phone with an expandable slot n stuff that extra memory in that slot.

Reply 35masterpfa 4 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

“Banging head against desk”
Samsung WTF, Google what are you 2 playing at?

IMO due to the lack of non-expandable storage this phone should have had a 32Gb option.
I personally was happy with 16Gb and have had my GN from release date +1 so wasn’t not too concerned, but others, I know who, would not get the GN because of no Micro SD.

Does this signal an intent for Cloud Storage?
Is storage at a premium?

Who know, but the GN should have from the outset come with 16Gb or 32Gb options (maybe even 64Gb)

Reply 49yankeesusa 2 hours ago Thumb upThumb down 0

Maybe google does want more people to use the cloud but maybe its because they are coming out with a model that has memory card slot. Or maybe they are going to skip 32gb and do a 64gb or maybe they are just going to come out with the next nexus as soon as the iphone 5 is announced. Either way samsung is doing pretty well with phones and I’m sure they have something up their sleeve.

Reply Paul AtreidesGuest 1 hour ago Thumb upThumb down 0

The Sprint Galaxy Nexus is suppose to be the 32GB version…

Reply 34MoSDeeb 1 min ago Thumb upThumb down 0

As for gsm versions, this is a blow to those who waited. Maybe Samsung is going to keep the 32 gb chips for their galaxy III

Reply Leave a Reply Cancel replyYour email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Name *

Email *

Website

Comment

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

Notify me of follow-up comments by email.

Notify me of new posts by email.

Hotly debated tiny-hands iPhone fanboys not a fan of Samsung Galaxy Note 146 apple_patent_generic (1) Apple lawsuit targets Galaxy Nexus 112 shepard-smith Fox News’ Shepard Smith rants on AT&T “unlimited” plans 83 The only leaked image of the HTC Endeavor HTC's new flagship duo, One X and One S 66 chrome-android-630 I really wish Android 4.0 would have looked more like Chrome 61 Top commentersMrMrMan Thumb up Thumb down +51

on Apple seeks preliminary injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Nexus in the U.S.

inviolable Thumb up Thumb down +39

on Solve for X: spray-on antenna solution could revolutionize mobile industry

Tristan Thumb up Thumb down +33

on Apple seeks preliminary injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Nexus in the U.S.

Staff © 2012 Android and Me SAY Channel Tech Login

Username

Password

Remember Me

Register | Lost your password?

Register

Username

E-mail

A password will be e-mailed to you.

Log in | Lost your password?

Reset Password

Username or E-mail:

Log in| Register

Powered by SimpleModal Loginimg#wpstats{display:none} Quantcast

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Design by araba-cı | MoneyGenerator Blogger Template by GosuBlogger